Top 9 Modern Engagement Ring Ideas
Proposing to your loved one is a very special moment. It is a time when you declare your love and commitment to one another and pledge to spend the rest of your lives together. This is why many couples choose to mark the occasion with an engagement ring.
While the traditional diamond solitaire is still the most popular choice, more and more couples are choosing modern engagement rings that better reflect their personalities and style. If you’re looking for something a little different, here are nine great and modern engagement ring ideas:
- Colored gemstone– A colored gemstone is a beautiful and unique alternative to a diamond. Popular choices include sapphires, rubies, and emeralds. These colored stones can be set in a variety of metals, including yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, and platinum.
- Halo setting– A halo setting is when a ring has small diamonds or other gemstones surrounding the center stone. This creates the illusion of a larger stone and adds extra sparkle and brilliance to the ring. When done right, a halo setting can make a diamond look two or three times its size.
- Split shank– A split shank is when the band of the ring is split into two separate sections. This adds an interesting and unique twist to the classic solitaire engagement ring. It’s also a great way to incorporate more diamonds or other gemstones into the design.
- Three-stone ring– A three-stone ring features three stones instead of just one. This is a beautiful and symbolic choice for an engagement ring, as it represents your past, present, and future together. The three stones can be of different sizes or colors, or they can all be the same.
- Bar set– A bar set ring is when the diamonds or other gemstones are set in a horizontal bar across the band of the ring. This is a unique and modern take on the classic engagement ring. It’s also a great way to show off a larger stone, as the bar setting can make it appear bigger.
- Bezel set– A bezel set ring is when the diamond or other gemstone is encircled by a thin metal band. This helps to protect the stone and gives the ring a more modern look. If you’re worried about your stone getting damaged, a bezel setting can offer some extra protection.
- Vintage-inspired– Vintage-inspired engagement rings are becoming increasingly popular. These rings take their inspiration from styles of the past and often feature intricate designs and detailed workmanship. If you’re looking for something truly unique, a vintage-inspired ring might be a perfect choice.
- Pave– A pave ring is when the band of the ring is covered in small diamonds or other gemstones. This creates a sparkly and glamorous look that’s perfect for a special occasion. Pave rings can be made with any type of stone, but diamonds are the most popular choice.
- Cluster– A cluster ring is when a group of small diamonds or other gemstones are clustered together to create a larger stone. This is a great way to get the look of a much bigger stone without the price tag. Cluster rings come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you.
These are just a few of the many modern engagement ring options available. You can choose one that’s environmentally friendly, like a recycled metal ring, or go for something that’s more unique, like a vintage-inspired design. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s a reflection of your personal style and personality.
Why go for a modern engagement ring?
There are many reasons why couples might choose a modern engagement ring. Most couples want an engagement ring that better reflects their personality and style. Aside from that, modern engagement rings often come at a lower price point than traditional diamond rings. It’s also becoming more and more popular to choose an engagement ring that is eco-friendly or made with ethically sourced materials.
If you’re looking for something unique and different, a modern engagement ring might be the perfect choice for you. With so many great options available, you’re sure to find one that you’ll love!
Do you have a modern engagement ring? Show us in the comments!