Cancer Treatments with Robotic Surgery – Dr. Sandeep Nayak
Early cancer detection and more minor invasive surgery procedures can get you back on your feet as soon as possible. These surgeries are performed using small incisions. This technique is usually associated with less pain, less blood loss, shorter hospital stays, and shorter recovery times. Consult Dr. Sandeep Nayak, who provides cancer treatment in Bangalore.
What is Robotic Surgery?Robotic operations are surgical methods that are helped by robotic technology. When a doctor does open surgery, also known as traditional surgery, they cut through layers of skin, muscles, and tissue to access an organ that has to be operated on. Dr. Sandeep Nayak is largely regarded as Bangalore’s finest oncologist giving cancer treatment in Bangalore. With his experience in robotic and laparoscopic cancer operations, he offers the finest cancer treatment in Bangalore. Dr. Nayak believes that early detection is the key to a successful cancer recovery with as few procedures as feasible.
What are some of the advantages of robotic surgery?
- These surgical treatments have always entailed the risk of mortality due to blood loss or other complications such as anesthesia responses, infections such as urinary tract infections and pneumonia, tissue and nerve damage, more extended hospital stays, and even longer recovery times.
- Minimally invasive surgeries with a laparoscope were developed, reducing the risk of mortality, blood loss, and scarring and allowing for a speedier recovery.
- However, the limited range of motion of the instruments and the visibility difficulty on handheld 2D cameras made access to intrinsic regions difficult. As a result, robotic arm surgeries were developed.
- Because the imaging technique is 3D, the robotic arms have 360-degree motion, and the procedure is guided through a user panel, robotic surgeries have enhanced minimally invasive surgeries.
- Improved imaging: The surgeon at the console can see the entire inside organs. The camera enlarges it, resulting in comprehensive imagery and surgical accuracy.
- Compared to the human wrist or laparoscopic instruments, the robotic arm provides more dexterity. It can spin 360 degrees in any direction, improving surgical precision.
- Entering previously unreachable locations: The surgeon may enter previously inaccessible areas because of the robot’s enhanced vision and flexibility.
Drawbacks of Robotic surgeryAccording to Dr. Nayak, who conducts cancer treatment in Bangalore, robotic surgery has a few drawbacks.
- Instrument electrical arcing accounted for 10.5 % of instances, whereas unintended instrument activation accounted for around 8.6 %. System and video/imaging faults were detected in 5% and 2.6 % of the cases, respectively.
- In around 14% of the cases, charred or fractured tool components were found within the patient.
- These led to cuts, burns, tears, punctures, other injuries, significant blood loss, and death in rare circumstances.
- Furthermore, robotic operations are costly.
THE RABIT (Robotic Assisted Breast Axillo Insufflate Thyroidectomy)Robotic Assist for Breast Axillo Insufflation Thyroidectomy is a robot-assisted treatment that can replace open thyroid surgery. This is one of the most cutting-edge robotic-assisted thyroid cancer therapies available. This approach to thyroid tumor removal results in more minor scars. Lifting the breast skin allows the surgeon to access the throat and the thyroid gland. The incisions range in length from 1 to 1.5 cm. Another 7cm incision is made, and a 5 cm incision for assistance. Thyroid tumors with diameters less than 4 cm are best removed with the RABIT surgical method. Dr. Nayak also performs the following procedures for cancer treatment in Bangalore:
MIND(Minimally Invasive Neck Dissection)
- This operation is intended to treat the tonsils, larynx, and pharynx cancers. Dr. Nayak uses a laparoscope or a robot to make 3 to 4 tiny incisions around your collarbone to get access and remove the tumor from these areas.
- Radiation combined with MIND leads to faster and better cancer therapy outcomes.
Organ Preservation Through Onco-Surgery:
- When performed with accuracy, robotic and laparoscopic operations can rescue essential organs that have been compromised by cancer.